Stroke clinics-what am I missing here??

Oh right, the state of NY. What's wrong with this picture?? :bitching: Jan 29, 2017 Walnut Creek, CA - Register now Feb 5, 2017 - Orlando, FL - Register now Feb 19, 2017 - Charleston, SC - Register now Feb 26, 2017 - Phoenix, AZ - March 5, 2017 - Seattle, WA - Register now March 19, 2017 - Denver, CO - Register now March 26, 2017 - Berkeley Heights, NJ - April 2, 2017 - Bozeman, MT - April 9, 2017 - Washington, DC - April 23, 2017 - Charlotte, NC - May 7, 2017 - Bentonville, AR - May 14, 2017 - Portland, OR - May 21, 2017 - Chicago, IL - June 4, 2017 - Portland, ME - Aug 27, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA - Sep 10, 2017 - Phoenix, AZ Sep 24, 2017 - Louisville, KY - Oct 1, 2017 - Detroit, MI - Oct 8, 2017 - Boston, MA - Oct 15, 2017 - Minneapolis, MN - Oct 22, 2017 - Washington, DC - Oct 29, 2017 - Colorado Springs, CO - Nov 5, 2017 - Chicago, IL - Nov 12, 2017 - San Francisco, CA - Nov 19, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA - Dec 3, 2017 - Las Vegas, NV -
  • Oh right, the state of NY. What's wrong with this picture?? :bitching:What’s wrong with this picture is that no one in New York has stepped up to host a clinic. Would you be willing?
  • Lyn--- what a good gesture for you to offer to host the event you are looking for!
  • Lyn--- what a good gesture for you to offer to host the event you are looking for! Well......I didn't realize that was a members' role and I didn't see any outreach for assistance or with identifying a venue. There was one (quite good one) at John Jay last year so I (unreasonably??) expected one this year.
  • Up near Albany, I went to 3 clinics this past fall, missed the 4th one due to prior commitment, but it was a private coach and not specifically USMS. It made a big difference for me. Also, our school district, just north of Albany, NY conducts adult learn to swim, open swim, stroke improvement, and masters classes for 10 weeks each winter. Again not USMS but great to have it available.
  • You may want to consider the clinic in Berkeley Heights, it is only 40 minutes from NYC.
  • Actually, you can get to Berkeley Heights via public transportation. Penn Station in NY on a NJ transit train (Gladstone Line) to Berkeley Heights. www.njtransit.com www.njtransit.com/.../Rail_System_Map.pdf
  • Up near Albany, I went to 3 clinics this past fall, missed the 4th one due to prior commitment, but it was a private coach and not specifically USMS. It made a big difference for me. Also, our school district, just north of Albany, NY conducts adult learn to swim, open swim, stroke improvement, and masters classes for 10 weeks each winter. Again not USMS but great to have it available. Thanks Jack, I'm working on my stroke with a really great coach now, but I still really enjoyed the clinic.
  • You may want to consider the clinic in Berkeley Heights, it is only 40 minutes from NYC. Not by public transportation, but thank you for the suggestion Glenn.