Records

Former Member
Former Member
Why are the USMS records faster than the records for Olympics and world records listed on other websites? In several instances, it's not even close. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • I double checked for the course length bc that's what I figured as well. By all means, please check behind me though. Give us an example where a USMS record is faster than an Olympic record. I'd be absolutely shocked if there is one. edit: I checked the list of men's Olympic records here: en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Olympic_records_in_swimming against the fastest USMS record in long course and every Olympic record is faster. Not surprisingly, the closest one is the 50 free. Olympic record is 21.30 (Cielo) versus Anthony Ervin's 30-34 USMS record of 21.55. I didn't check the women's records.
  • I double checked for the course length bc that's what I figured as well. By all means, please check behind me though. Give us an example where a USMS record is faster than an Olympic record. I'd be absolutely shocked if there is one. edit: I checked the list of men's Olympic records here: en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Olympic_records_in_swimming against the fastest USMS record in long course and every Olympic record is faster. Not surprisingly, the closest one is the 50 free. Olympic record is 21.30 (Cielo) versus Anthony Ervin's 30-34 USMS record of 21.55. I didn't check the women's records.
Children
No Data