Records

Former Member
Former Member
Why are the USMS records faster than the records for Olympics and world records listed on other websites? In several instances, it's not even close. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • The Olympics only take 2 swimmers per event. Very few USMS members can even make the team. In the 2016 Olympics, Tom Shields and Katie Meili were the only current 2016 members that I know making the team. Past members such as Dana Vollmer, Dara Torres, Nathan Adrian, Anthony Ervin, Darian Townsend, and many more competed in masters swimming and swam in the Olympics during the Professional era which started in 1992. Their is no such term as amateur status as applied to the Olympics since the 1992 Olympics when the IOC opened up the Olympic Games to all athletes including Professionals. Amateur status only applies to the NCAA competition and that have to maintain that to be eligible in their competitions.
  • The Olympics only take 2 swimmers per event. Very few USMS members can even make the team. In the 2016 Olympics, Tom Shields and Katie Meili were the only current 2016 members that I know making the team. Past members such as Dana Vollmer, Dara Torres, Nathan Adrian, Anthony Ervin, Darian Townsend, and many more competed in masters swimming and swam in the Olympics during the Professional era which started in 1992. Their is no such term as amateur status as applied to the Olympics since the 1992 Olympics when the IOC opened up the Olympic Games to all athletes including Professionals. Amateur status only applies to the NCAA competition and that have to maintain that to be eligible in their competitions.
Children
No Data