Masters practice after tooth extraction

Hey gang--just had a tooth extracted today, and the advice was no workout today (to be expected) but I'd be fine after that. However, searching online, I'm seeing advice not to swim for a week or more. What's your experience/advice on this? I had to skip practice today; next practice is two days from now (Thursday). I really want to get back to it but I wonder how safe it would be to go ahead with swimming. Thoughts? Granted, what I want to hear is "no problem at all, go for it"--but I also have to pay attention if there are risks. Thanks!
Parents
  • One time, I had a little set back after having a lower molar removed. Tooth out Wednesday. Swam just 2000 on the following Sunday, all easy-- all good. Then did 4000 on the next Wednesday (one week after extraction). Tooth place started "barking" after that workout and I was worried about dry socket, so had to go back to oral sugeon for checkup. No dry socket, so that was good!! But, they said I had just done too much too soon. Facial and jaw muscles used when you swim. Increased blood flow. I skipped another practice, and then was fine. I just remembered this, and checked it in my GTD diary! Good luck! Thinking I'll go to practice tonight and keep it conservative. ... if it starts to throb, I'll back off. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • One time, I had a little set back after having a lower molar removed. Tooth out Wednesday. Swam just 2000 on the following Sunday, all easy-- all good. Then did 4000 on the next Wednesday (one week after extraction). Tooth place started "barking" after that workout and I was worried about dry socket, so had to go back to oral sugeon for checkup. No dry socket, so that was good!! But, they said I had just done too much too soon. Facial and jaw muscles used when you swim. Increased blood flow. I skipped another practice, and then was fine. I just remembered this, and checked it in my GTD diary! Good luck! Thinking I'll go to practice tonight and keep it conservative. ... if it starts to throb, I'll back off. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data