Masters practice after tooth extraction

Hey gang--just had a tooth extracted today, and the advice was no workout today (to be expected) but I'd be fine after that. However, searching online, I'm seeing advice not to swim for a week or more. What's your experience/advice on this? I had to skip practice today; next practice is two days from now (Thursday). I really want to get back to it but I wonder how safe it would be to go ahead with swimming. Thoughts? Granted, what I want to hear is "no problem at all, go for it"--but I also have to pay attention if there are risks. Thanks!
Parents
  • Who was the advice from to not swim? Dentist or pool staff? I'm trying to come up with the reason the dentist wouldn't want you to swim? Maybe because the tooth socket is an open wound and the pool water that will inevitably get in your mouth may cause an infection??? Dan
  • Who was the advice from to not swim? Dentist or pool staff? I'm trying to come up with the reason the dentist wouldn't want you to swim? Maybe because the tooth socket is an open wound and the pool water that will inevitably get in your mouth may cause an infection??? Dan
Children
No Data