Blown away

This will mean little to those of you who workout indoors. Those of us who are lucky enough to workout outdoors all year long may feel the burn. Twice in the last three months, I have lost a paddle or kickboard to wind. Not such a huge issue, I know, but it is a little annoying when the lifeguard is standing or sitting 3 feet from the equipment (in the wind) when it takes flight, and has no clue what happened. The pool I workout at is in a city park, surrounded by grassy areas. I got lucky two times, the equipment was returned to the pool bins, and was easy enough to pick out since my stuff is entirely different than the city-owned equipment. Today I lost another paddle and asked the lifeguard if she saw it blow away. The response was less than helpful, "I think it went into the gutter." That would be acceptable, except the wind was blowing away from the pool at a high gust rate. I had to tell them that the paddles did not have any propulsive technology and could not fly into the wind. Blank stares. Am hoping it shows up in the city bin again. Anyone else lose stuff to wind or some other natural occurrence (flood, hail, snow, mudslide, animal theft, etc.)?
Parents Reply Children
No Data