New to sprinting, need workout advice

Former Member
Former Member
My background: I started swiming at 2 y.o. and stoped at 15 y.o. However i never trained seriouslly, just swimed one hour per week. Played soccer for many years, then when i was around 20y.o. after an injury switched to powerlifting and more recently started learning some Oly.Lifting. (and currently i am training for those) Right now i am 23 y.o. (so i stoped swiming for arount 8 years) However, a couple of weeks ago i decided to go swim to test myself in a 25 meter pool and managed to clock 14 secs without dive(freestyle), which isn't as bad as i spected. I am traning now 3 times pero week, focusing pretty much only in 50m freestyle since i dont realy have time for more. (powerlifting/OL+graduate studies..) So the question is, what would be an apropiate workout? Right now i am doing 25m sprints with decent rest in between and some aditional low intensity work to improve my resistance and focus on techninque. Thanks!
  • I highly recommend you look in the archived High Intensity workouts written by Leslie Livingston (aka "The Fortress") in the 2012-2013 timeframe, starting here: forums.usms.org/showthread.php.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Thank you, i realy need info sources. I will give it a read.
  • Former Member
    Aparently i "dont have persmision to acces this page". I get the following: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. If you are trying to access one of the coached workout forums or post to your blog: Access to the coached workout forums and the ability to maintain a blog are only available to confirmed U.S. Masters Swimming members. You may confirm your membership to gain access to these forums by setting up your "My USMS" are Why is this showing?
  • Are you are member of US Masters Swimming? Not the boards, but US Masters Swimming the organization. You need to join USMS to get access to the workout forums. There are also other benefits: www.usms.org/.../benefits You can join USMS here: www.usms.org/.../register.php
  • If you just walked into the pool with no history of serious swim training and no swim training at all for 8 years, then proceeded to rip off a 14 second 25M swim from an in-water start, you are a tremendous natural talent. Quit messing around on your own and find yourself a good coach.
  • Former Member
    Thank you a lot for the support, very motivating :) I will try to find a coach asap and start traning seriouslly since i am enjoying it a lot.
  • Former Member
    how does anyone start a new topic board on this site ?