When to get rid of suits

Any tips on when to get rid of a women's suit? I rotate between 3 suits (putting in a 4th one). My favorite orange one is still somewhat tight however: 1) I can stretch/pull easy the outer covering from the inner lining 2) I can use a towel to soak up the outer lining because there is water in it. Is it time to get rid of it? It is several months old but I have a couple others in the same condition (roughly). What would be the verdict of using Aquablades for practice? Would they hold up longer than the Endurance or Endurance Lite ones? Thanks, Vic
  • Wear your suits for training until you are no longer comfortable with how they feel/look. If they have gotten so thin or stretched out that you are embarrassed to wear it, toss it. I wear my suits until that point. I'll never forget the time knew it was time to toss my Speedo Endurance suit. I had been keeping track of the mileage in my Go the Distance FLOG to see how long I could get it to last. The suit had logged in almost to 300 miles, and it was still going strong, so, I took it on a cruise with me. One day, I wore it in the postage stamp-sized ship pool to do some kicking and sculling drills. When I got out, I bent over to pick up my towel off the pool deck. My suit seemed to feel so much looser than usual, but I didn't think much about it-- until I returned to my cabin and took my suit off. Little did I know, I had punished the surrounding sunbathers at the pool with the view of my :mooning: BTW: The longest lasting suit is one made of PBT. Speedo Endurance and TYR Durafasts are 50% polyester/ 50% PBT, and I have found they last the longest-- about 300 miles when cared for properly. I rinse mine in plain cold water, loosely roll it in a towel, and then throw it over a shower rod to dry. For competition, wear your newest, tightest suit to reduce drag. For training, I like the extra drag my older, worn suits create!
  • Thanks all! I do keep the best ones, a couple of them, only for races. The rest I don't care about, but I need less drag. So I'm going to get rid of 3 suits and I've got one worn a few times and start putting another one or two in the 'rotation'. :) Appreciate it.
  • Wear 2 or 3 of the old suits till the outer one dissolves?