How to strength my leg muscles?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, This winter I started swimming to maintain my fitniss which I built all over the year by cycling a lot. Winter is always bringing my fitness down, so I decided to swim 3 times a week this winter, one hour each time. I see some first progress now, I am able to swim without too many breaks (less technical exercises) and finally I reach to make my heart working in enduracne zone and if I want I am able increasing intensity to avoid getting too much "diesel". On what concerns strength traing of my legs I ask myself if *** or crawl is better to train my leg muscles? Do both styles train same muscles? Might be you know some specific excersises to train my leg muscles? Best for me would always be making working my cardiovascular system and muscles at same time. Would be glad to get some tips. Thomas
Parents
  • Bonjour Thomas. The swimming should help, and doing both the *** and crawl/freestyle will develop your legs in different ways with different muscle groups. One thing you could do to focus on your legs more is find the deep end of the pool and do some vertical kicking. You can make it harder by raising your arms higher. Start with 60 second intervals where you're kicking hard, then take a 30 second break where you're kicking easily. If you add fins, it will also change up the intensity. effortlessswimming.com/.../
  • Bonjour Thomas. The swimming should help, and doing both the *** and crawl/freestyle will develop your legs in different ways with different muscle groups. One thing you could do to focus on your legs more is find the deep end of the pool and do some vertical kicking. You can make it harder by raising your arms higher. Start with 60 second intervals where you're kicking hard, then take a 30 second break where you're kicking easily. If you add fins, it will also change up the intensity. effortlessswimming.com/.../
Children
No Data