David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

Former Member
Former Member
nm
Parents
  • Sport is not war, in fact BraunMan I think you are completly missing the idea of international sporting competition. It is that win at all cost ethos that drives actions like what the East Germans did decades ago and the current Russian doping scandal. Many years ago I was fortunate to play some international water polo and we were fortunate to have friendlies with many European teams and other countries from all over the globe. Those interactions are some of my best memories and the idea that we should never try and improve a sport by hiding "secrets" is absurd. New techniques are always being developed and if they work they never stay secret for long. I will always root for the USA but never at the expense of helping countries trying to develop their aquatic programs in an attempt to expose their athletes to competition at the highest level.
  • Sport is not war, in fact BraunMan I think you are completly missing the idea of international sporting competition. It is that win at all cost ethos that drives actions like what the East Germans did decades ago and the current Russian doping scandal. Many years ago I was fortunate to play some international water polo and we were fortunate to have friendlies with many European teams and other countries from all over the globe. Those interactions are some of my best memories and the idea that we should never try and improve a sport by hiding "secrets" is absurd. New techniques are always being developed and if they work they never stay secret for long. I will always root for the USA but never at the expense of helping countries trying to develop their aquatic programs in an attempt to expose their athletes to competition at the highest level.
Children
No Data