How to improve record in swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All, I am a dad and knows little about swimming. I have a daughter 8 years and i would like her to improve her record in freestyle. Shes been swimming for almost 3 years now. Her record is always between 50 to 55 sec for a 50m freestyle. How can she improve her record. I want her to beat everyones record at her age.. Current fastest record is 47 to 48 sec.. Hoping some advices.. Sent using TAPaTALK
Parents
  • Somewhat related to this… Southern California Swimming’s House of Delegates voted unanimously to prohibit the wearing of ‘Tech’ suits in Age Group competition. swimswam.com/.../ The article states One. It’s about technique. A tech suit isn’t going to make or break a young swimmer. Two. Enjoy the process. If there’s too much focus on results by parents, then the enjoyment and satisfaction children experience is minimized. Three. It’s not the suit. Kids should be having fun with their friends at the pool. We want them to love the sport and stay with it through college and masters. Four. Earning a reward. There is something be said for waiting and letting your child earn their first fast suit.
  • Somewhat related to this… Southern California Swimming’s House of Delegates voted unanimously to prohibit the wearing of ‘Tech’ suits in Age Group competition. swimswam.com/.../ The article states One. It’s about technique. A tech suit isn’t going to make or break a young swimmer. Two. Enjoy the process. If there’s too much focus on results by parents, then the enjoyment and satisfaction children experience is minimized. Three. It’s not the suit. Kids should be having fun with their friends at the pool. We want them to love the sport and stay with it through college and masters. Four. Earning a reward. There is something be said for waiting and letting your child earn their first fast suit.
Children
No Data