How to improve record in swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All, I am a dad and knows little about swimming. I have a daughter 8 years and i would like her to improve her record in freestyle. Shes been swimming for almost 3 years now. Her record is always between 50 to 55 sec for a 50m freestyle. How can she improve her record. I want her to beat everyones record at her age.. Current fastest record is 47 to 48 sec.. Hoping some advices.. Sent using TAPaTALK
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Dad...she's 8. Don't push her. At this young age let her have fun. If you push her to perform to YOUR standards she'll likely get burnt out and want to stop swimming. Just sit back and enjoy watching her enjoy what she's doing. Dan Thanks for your advice. Sometimes i feel guilty about her forcing to do best. She is one of the best swimmer in school and would love her to be the best of the best. Will keep this in mind always. Thanks again for reminding me! Sent using TAPaTALK
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Dad...she's 8. Don't push her. At this young age let her have fun. If you push her to perform to YOUR standards she'll likely get burnt out and want to stop swimming. Just sit back and enjoy watching her enjoy what she's doing. Dan Thanks for your advice. Sometimes i feel guilty about her forcing to do best. She is one of the best swimmer in school and would love her to be the best of the best. Will keep this in mind always. Thanks again for reminding me! Sent using TAPaTALK
Children
No Data