Planning out training year

Former Member
Former Member
From what I understand, the main meets are end of April and end of August. Is it safe to say that the "season" runs from January to August? Is it common to take 2-4 weeks off following that last event? Would "in season" involve 5-6 practices a week and "off season" involve 2-3 practices a week? Thanks!
Parents
  • I can't speak for anyone else,but for me there are 3 "seasons";SCY ending at Spring Nats, LCM ending at Summer Nats, and SCM generally ending the first weekend in Dec(the SPMS meet). There is not enough time between SCY and LCM and between LCM and SCM to take time off.My "off season" is about 1 month after SCM. I still swim 4X/wk then,but only long,slow stuff and no BR kick, to let my knees recover.
  • I can't speak for anyone else,but for me there are 3 "seasons";SCY ending at Spring Nats, LCM ending at Summer Nats, and SCM generally ending the first weekend in Dec(the SPMS meet). There is not enough time between SCY and LCM and between LCM and SCM to take time off.My "off season" is about 1 month after SCM. I still swim 4X/wk then,but only long,slow stuff and no BR kick, to let my knees recover.
Children
No Data