How to reduce strokes per length?

Hi, I'm 5'8 and I swim at a 25 yard pool. I can swim 1,800 yards in 42 minutes. Swimming freestyle, my right hand enters the water 12 times per length. I have read (www.totalimmersion.net/) that I should do 25 yards with 18 strokes (or 9 right hand entries) per length. What is the best way to reduce my strokes per length? Thanks! Don
Parents
  • I spot-check my SPL occasionally, maybe a couple times a week, but don't obsess about it all the time. I focus more on getting a good extension and catch. I'm 5'-7" with short arms and do about 9-10 full stroke cycles per 25 yards (18-20 individual arm strokes). I normally do two dolphins off the wall and don't breathe on the first stroke when I breakout. When sprinting my SPL goes up to around 12.
  • I spot-check my SPL occasionally, maybe a couple times a week, but don't obsess about it all the time. I focus more on getting a good extension and catch. I'm 5'-7" with short arms and do about 9-10 full stroke cycles per 25 yards (18-20 individual arm strokes). I normally do two dolphins off the wall and don't breathe on the first stroke when I breakout. When sprinting my SPL goes up to around 12.
Children
No Data