Swim briefs for swimming laps after not swimming for a while

Former Member
Former Member
Hello all. I'm 27 and used to be on swim team all through elementary, middle, and high schools. I've always been in fairly good athletic shape and worked out regularly. However, lately I haven't been in the gym lately and haven't been going as much as I should. I'm not as athletic as I once was, but I am still in decent shape, and it's not like I'm extremely fat. However, I have recently started getting back in to the pool and started swimming laps at both my local Lifetime Fitness and my local city aquatic complex. I am just wondering if it would still be appropriate to wear a Speedo while swimming laps. I wore swim briefs all the time for swim team and diving. But lately since I haven't been swimming in a while. would it still be good to wear them? I realize I will probably get odd looks from some people, but regular swimming trunks give me too much drag in the pool and jammers don't always work as good for me. It's not like I wear any outrageous colors. Just black or dark blue Speedos. I just want to get back into swimming again, and I want to be comfortable while doing it too. Thoughts and advice?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I bought a Speedo jammer from the local ***'s Sporting Goods here. However, I think I prefer the Speedo briefs better. They are more comfortable and I feel I swim a little better in them too.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I bought a Speedo jammer from the local ***'s Sporting Goods here. However, I think I prefer the Speedo briefs better. They are more comfortable and I feel I swim a little better in them too.
Children
No Data