Help with training for a team

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I'm an 18 year old looking to compete on a local club team. I have never swam or played any sports before, and I have been training since mid-August. At first, I could barely swim 25 m and now I'm doing 50s. I have a personal trainer who's working with me, and the coach has watched me before. He told me that I need to work on endurance, because I can't repeatedly do 50s or even 100s with short rest. How long do you all think it would take if I trained extremely hard to do this? What do I need to do to make this happen? Thanks for the help
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I'm not running or biking or doing anything like that, and I was planning to start lifting weights for swimming. And I'm not on the team yet, the coach told me to work on things and that in a month or two he will reevaluate my abilities and decide what to do. I only see my trainer twice a week for 30 mins so I can't really ask too much because my time is limited, I just want to know what more I can do and how to do it in the least amount of time possible. I'm more than willing to work as hard as is possible to do this
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I'm not running or biking or doing anything like that, and I was planning to start lifting weights for swimming. And I'm not on the team yet, the coach told me to work on things and that in a month or two he will reevaluate my abilities and decide what to do. I only see my trainer twice a week for 30 mins so I can't really ask too much because my time is limited, I just want to know what more I can do and how to do it in the least amount of time possible. I'm more than willing to work as hard as is possible to do this
Children
No Data