waterproof cast

I will be having ankle replacement surgery in October. Someone mentioned to me about waterproof cast. I'm wondering if I can swim laps with it. I usually swim 4000 a day. I don't expect that but would like to get back in the wasterASAP.
Parents
  • When I was talking with the nurse on the phone about my post surgery timeline, she mentioned the cast. I told her to put a note in my file for the doctor. I googled it and found this. DRYPro Waterproof Cast Covers for Casts/Bandages and Wounds Originally I thought that I was going to be in a cast for 4 weeks, but yesterday I was told that I would be in a soft cast for a week, then 3 weeks in a hard cast twice for a total of 6 weeks then a boot for a few more weeks. That's 3 more weeks that I was expecting. That is why I'm freaking out.
  • When I was talking with the nurse on the phone about my post surgery timeline, she mentioned the cast. I told her to put a note in my file for the doctor. I googled it and found this. DRYPro Waterproof Cast Covers for Casts/Bandages and Wounds Originally I thought that I was going to be in a cast for 4 weeks, but yesterday I was told that I would be in a soft cast for a week, then 3 weeks in a hard cast twice for a total of 6 weeks then a boot for a few more weeks. That's 3 more weeks that I was expecting. That is why I'm freaking out.
Children
No Data