waterproof cast

I will be having ankle replacement surgery in October. Someone mentioned to me about waterproof cast. I'm wondering if I can swim laps with it. I usually swim 4000 a day. I don't expect that but would like to get back in the wasterASAP.
Parents
  • I will be having ankle replacement surgery in October. Someone mentioned to me about waterproof cast. I'm wondering if I can swim laps with it. I usually swim 4000 a day. I don't expect that but would like to get back in the wasterASAP. How long are you going to be in a cast? What does your doctor say about swimming before the cast comes off? Even with a pull buoy, I question the value of swimming with your ankle locked at a 90* angle, with the weight of the cast out back. Even if the doctor said it was OK, I think I'd be inclined to wait until the cast was off to get back in the pool. To stay somewhat in shape, I'd hit the weight room instead, and do a high rep, moderate resistance upper body workout.
  • I will be having ankle replacement surgery in October. Someone mentioned to me about waterproof cast. I'm wondering if I can swim laps with it. I usually swim 4000 a day. I don't expect that but would like to get back in the wasterASAP. How long are you going to be in a cast? What does your doctor say about swimming before the cast comes off? Even with a pull buoy, I question the value of swimming with your ankle locked at a 90* angle, with the weight of the cast out back. Even if the doctor said it was OK, I think I'd be inclined to wait until the cast was off to get back in the pool. To stay somewhat in shape, I'd hit the weight room instead, and do a high rep, moderate resistance upper body workout.
Children
No Data