'Real' butterfliers where are you? (or is it butterflyers?)

I'm pretty much only a freestyle/crawl stroke swimmer. I'll do lots of interval sets in the pool, but only swim very little of the other strokes. Often I'll just throw in an IM here and there just to break up the monotony. But I'm by no means proficient at those other strokes. Yesterday, as I rested after doing a 400 IM, the woman in the lane next to me (obviously an experienced swimmer) came to a stop and asks "Were you just swimming butterfly?" I told her I was and she responded "Hmm, ya don't see people swimming butterfly much anymore." Dan
Parents
  • Our Masters program is IM based, so we swim some fly almost every day. Last week our coach had a "Fly Friday" workout where the main set was 1,000 yards of fly, followed by a 200 yard set of underwater dolphins, followed by a 200 IM, and finished up with a 100 IM for time. Lots of fun, but my arms weren't quite working properly by the time I got to the last 100 IM.
  • Our Masters program is IM based, so we swim some fly almost every day. Last week our coach had a "Fly Friday" workout where the main set was 1,000 yards of fly, followed by a 200 yard set of underwater dolphins, followed by a 200 IM, and finished up with a 100 IM for time. Lots of fun, but my arms weren't quite working properly by the time I got to the last 100 IM.
Children
No Data