'Real' butterfliers where are you? (or is it butterflyers?)

I'm pretty much only a freestyle/crawl stroke swimmer. I'll do lots of interval sets in the pool, but only swim very little of the other strokes. Often I'll just throw in an IM here and there just to break up the monotony. But I'm by no means proficient at those other strokes. Yesterday, as I rested after doing a 400 IM, the woman in the lane next to me (obviously an experienced swimmer) came to a stop and asks "Were you just swimming butterfly?" I told her I was and she responded "Hmm, ya don't see people swimming butterfly much anymore." Dan
Parents
  • > 'Real' butterfliers where are you? (or is it butterflyers?) Perhaps sidestep the issue and use "butterfly swimmers"? :) FWIW, Chrome doesn't like either of your prospective plural nouns, highlighting both: forums.usms.org/attachment.php
  • > 'Real' butterfliers where are you? (or is it butterflyers?) Perhaps sidestep the issue and use "butterfly swimmers"? :) FWIW, Chrome doesn't like either of your prospective plural nouns, highlighting both: forums.usms.org/attachment.php
Children
No Data