SwimSpa?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Everyone, New to this forum but curious on what people here thought about buying a swimspa? I don't have a lot of time to train (busy job and two little ones at home) so thought this might help. Any thoughts on whether they are worth it or specific recommendations would be appreciated. I'm not the fastest (I've gone anywhere from 58 100 free to 6:15 500 free as a master, probably not quite that quick right now) but enjoy the sport and would like to us it - plus could be fun for the kids. Thanks!
  • Well, IMO...for me, I just don't know if it'd be a good investment. But, I've never used one. Do you already have a pool to have it installed in, or would that be part of your purchase? From what I've seen, they're in the neighborhood of $10,000 to $15,000 with that small above ground pool included. To begin with I really loath "training" in a stationary fashion. I love to run and will run for miles on the road or trails. But on a treadmill I'm ready to stick an ice pick in my temple by three miles. Same thing on the stationary bike. I have an in ground pool at my house and I sometimes will "swim" tethered to the side. After 15 minutes I'm ready for the ice pick! But in a 25/50 pool, or in open water I can go thousands of meters/yards. I'm just curious about your time to "train" comment. I just can't see doing a workout of interval sets with a stationary swimming device. Maybe it can be done. I don't know. But if your intended "training" would be more of just swimming laps (and you already have the pool) perhaps tethered would be more economical way to go. And/or instead of spending that amount of money for the whole set-up, that money could be used for childcare at a health club with a poos where you could get a quality workout. Good luck on your decision. Dan