Breaststroke and Free Style

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All. I recently started swimming with a masters team approximately 3 weeks ago. After the first few practices my coach informed me that I am a natural at swimming the breaststroke. However when I attempt to swim free style I feel like I am sinking/drowning. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what suggestions would you make to correct/lower the learning curve.
Parents
  • Breaststroke always came much more easily and naturally to me than freestyle. When I swam in high school I hated doing freestyle but now, many years later, that's what I swim for the bulk of my workouts. I don't really have any suggestions on how to get there (talk to your coach since he/she can see what you are doing and make suggestions) but know that there is hope - if I can do it, you can too!
  • Breaststroke always came much more easily and naturally to me than freestyle. When I swam in high school I hated doing freestyle but now, many years later, that's what I swim for the bulk of my workouts. I don't really have any suggestions on how to get there (talk to your coach since he/she can see what you are doing and make suggestions) but know that there is hope - if I can do it, you can too!
Children
No Data