Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • But why don't you, sir, as a Vice President within USMS, hold this issue near and dear as well? How do you justify not supporting a position statement? So that's two questions. The answer to the first, about why doping is not an issue "near and dear" to me is that I think it is an unimportant issue in masters swimming. That's my own personal opinion. As for "justifying not supporting a position statement," there is nothing to justify, since I have never in fact been asked to support such a statement. I have no problem with "Given that USMS cares about the health and safety of its members, the use of performance enhancing drugs and supplements as defined by WADA, unless prescribed by a licensed physician for the treatment of a medical condition, is strictly prohibited" or some reasonable variation.
  • But why don't you, sir, as a Vice President within USMS, hold this issue near and dear as well? How do you justify not supporting a position statement? So that's two questions. The answer to the first, about why doping is not an issue "near and dear" to me is that I think it is an unimportant issue in masters swimming. That's my own personal opinion. As for "justifying not supporting a position statement," there is nothing to justify, since I have never in fact been asked to support such a statement. I have no problem with "Given that USMS cares about the health and safety of its members, the use of performance enhancing drugs and supplements as defined by WADA, unless prescribed by a licensed physician for the treatment of a medical condition, is strictly prohibited" or some reasonable variation.
Children
No Data