Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • The argument that "it's only masters" and that our competitions are "meaningless" is inconsistent with what I have seen at nationals. I think you're being disingenuous when you use this to justify your opposition to drug testing. That's my point. Some people take it very seriously. 75% don't compete at all in a given year. My personal opinion is that there are better ways to spend the resources to further USMS' mission. What is unquestionably meaningless is griping about it on the forums, with nothing further. As Rob said long ago in this thread, if someone truly wants this to happen it needs a champion. Is that you?
  • The argument that "it's only masters" and that our competitions are "meaningless" is inconsistent with what I have seen at nationals. I think you're being disingenuous when you use this to justify your opposition to drug testing. That's my point. Some people take it very seriously. 75% don't compete at all in a given year. My personal opinion is that there are better ways to spend the resources to further USMS' mission. What is unquestionably meaningless is griping about it on the forums, with nothing further. As Rob said long ago in this thread, if someone truly wants this to happen it needs a champion. Is that you?
Children
No Data