Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • If someone such as gull believes this issue is serious enough to pursue then, by all means, pursue it, but I do have a feeling most USMS members either couldn't care less or would be less likely to compete if they needed TUEs and/or knew they could be subjected to drug tests. Absolutely. If one of my competitors wants to use PED's to win a $3.00 medal at USMS Nationals, so be it; even if it bumps me out. It's Masters, not the friggin' Olympics. Nobody outside our small circle cares. If it means that much to you, then you can have it. Testing and TUE's would drive a lot people out....not because they want to cheat, but because it's too much of a hassle just to participate in a pretty much meaningless competition.
  • If someone such as gull believes this issue is serious enough to pursue then, by all means, pursue it, but I do have a feeling most USMS members either couldn't care less or would be less likely to compete if they needed TUEs and/or knew they could be subjected to drug tests. Absolutely. If one of my competitors wants to use PED's to win a $3.00 medal at USMS Nationals, so be it; even if it bumps me out. It's Masters, not the friggin' Olympics. Nobody outside our small circle cares. If it means that much to you, then you can have it. Testing and TUE's would drive a lot people out....not because they want to cheat, but because it's too much of a hassle just to participate in a pretty much meaningless competition.
Children
No Data