Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • Our problem is how do we convince current PED users not to use. They are convinced its improving there lives and certainly improving times ( me i’d just like to recover from day to day like the old days). They can ignore the health risks that will come further down the road, they feel good now ! Myself I actually enjoy the struggle, despite my complaining. I love swimming and I will remain a “Natural” swimmer. ( a term i’m borrowing from weight lifters who don’t use ) A position statement can't hurt. Want to test record setters? Fine. How are you going to govern the folks in the rest of the world who are setting records? Want to get on your high horse and be "natural." So be it. I know the prescriptions I take DO improve my quality of life. I started them BEFORE I joined USMS. Don't judge the majority of us that are swimming to stay fit, and taking prescriptions to get out of bed in the morning. So 1 or 2, maybe a handful of people are "cheating." Just like in age group swimming when someone would complain to the coach that someone was cheating on a set, the reply was always "they're only hurting themselves."
  • Our problem is how do we convince current PED users not to use. They are convinced its improving there lives and certainly improving times ( me i’d just like to recover from day to day like the old days). They can ignore the health risks that will come further down the road, they feel good now ! Myself I actually enjoy the struggle, despite my complaining. I love swimming and I will remain a “Natural” swimmer. ( a term i’m borrowing from weight lifters who don’t use ) A position statement can't hurt. Want to test record setters? Fine. How are you going to govern the folks in the rest of the world who are setting records? Want to get on your high horse and be "natural." So be it. I know the prescriptions I take DO improve my quality of life. I started them BEFORE I joined USMS. Don't judge the majority of us that are swimming to stay fit, and taking prescriptions to get out of bed in the morning. So 1 or 2, maybe a handful of people are "cheating." Just like in age group swimming when someone would complain to the coach that someone was cheating on a set, the reply was always "they're only hurting themselves."
Children
No Data