Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • I'm with Ande and others: random testing of top finishers at Nationals. Yes there would be logistical issues, and yes some would evade getting caught, but at least there would be a deterrent. I know a lot of our members couldn't care less, but a good number of us do, and it's important for the integrity of our sport. I'm on a forum with some older swimmers and there has been a debate about testosterone supplementation. There are members who do so for very valid lifestyle reasons, and at least one admitted septuagenarian supplementer that has set several world records. My opinion is supplement if you want, compete if you want, but don't have your times count for WR.
  • I'm with Ande and others: random testing of top finishers at Nationals. Yes there would be logistical issues, and yes some would evade getting caught, but at least there would be a deterrent. I know a lot of our members couldn't care less, but a good number of us do, and it's important for the integrity of our sport. I'm on a forum with some older swimmers and there has been a debate about testosterone supplementation. There are members who do so for very valid lifestyle reasons, and at least one admitted septuagenarian supplementer that has set several world records. My opinion is supplement if you want, compete if you want, but don't have your times count for WR.
Children
No Data