Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • My main gripe with drug testing in athletics is that it's ineffective. When you look at people like Armstrong, Efimova, Gaitlin, and other world class athletes who have tested positive multiple times they somehow seem to wait out their ban but come back as juiced as ever and ride it to victory. It seems like the drug master's are constantly 1 step ahead of the anti-drug agency and are able to get away with their doping practices and come out looking like winners. Until a sure fire method of testing becomes available I think it's ineffective to spend the money for what we are getting now. Cheater's are never winners and my hope is they never experience the soul-filling satisfaction of completing their competition fairly and on their own power of strength and motivation.
  • My main gripe with drug testing in athletics is that it's ineffective. When you look at people like Armstrong, Efimova, Gaitlin, and other world class athletes who have tested positive multiple times they somehow seem to wait out their ban but come back as juiced as ever and ride it to victory. It seems like the drug master's are constantly 1 step ahead of the anti-drug agency and are able to get away with their doping practices and come out looking like winners. Until a sure fire method of testing becomes available I think it's ineffective to spend the money for what we are getting now. Cheater's are never winners and my hope is they never experience the soul-filling satisfaction of completing their competition fairly and on their own power of strength and motivation.
Children
No Data