Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • Can I digress just a little? USATF has been held up as another masters-oriented organization which does test its members. I know from direct experience in USMS that the majority of its members never compete. Is the fraction of competitive masters T&F athletes in USATF similar to USMS? Or does (mostly) everyone compete? Or is it somewhere in the middle? I would think the calculus would be different for an organization in which nearly everyone competes. If USATF is such an organization, holding its doping practices up as an exemplar for USMS might not be that helpful.
  • Can I digress just a little? USATF has been held up as another masters-oriented organization which does test its members. I know from direct experience in USMS that the majority of its members never compete. Is the fraction of competitive masters T&F athletes in USATF similar to USMS? Or does (mostly) everyone compete? Or is it somewhere in the middle? I would think the calculus would be different for an organization in which nearly everyone competes. If USATF is such an organization, holding its doping practices up as an exemplar for USMS might not be that helpful.
Children
No Data