Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • Look, Rob, you are against drug testing masters swimmers. I get that.Now that’s just wrong. I’m not opposed to doping control in Masters Swimming. I’ve been trying and obviously failing to point out that you don’t just show up at nationals with a bunch if Dixie cups and expect drug testing to magically commence. There need to be rules written, programs developed, people trained, money invested, etc. There needs to be a plan, not just rhetoric. There needs to be a champion, not just soapboxers. Show me a real plan on how to fund, build and implement doping control and I’ll take it to the board. USATF has been suggested as a model for testing, and beyond the before mentioned issues with USADA and USOC, as far as I can tell there have been 3 Masters T&F Athletes banned for steroid use since the program’s inception. You must be very naïve to believe there were only 3 cheats in Masters T&F. As mentioned before PED cheats can easily test clean when they know when they will be tested.
  • Look, Rob, you are against drug testing masters swimmers. I get that.Now that’s just wrong. I’m not opposed to doping control in Masters Swimming. I’ve been trying and obviously failing to point out that you don’t just show up at nationals with a bunch if Dixie cups and expect drug testing to magically commence. There need to be rules written, programs developed, people trained, money invested, etc. There needs to be a plan, not just rhetoric. There needs to be a champion, not just soapboxers. Show me a real plan on how to fund, build and implement doping control and I’ll take it to the board. USATF has been suggested as a model for testing, and beyond the before mentioned issues with USADA and USOC, as far as I can tell there have been 3 Masters T&F Athletes banned for steroid use since the program’s inception. You must be very naïve to believe there were only 3 cheats in Masters T&F. As mentioned before PED cheats can easily test clean when they know when they will be tested.
Children
No Data