Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    And back to the issue of being very costly. To bring a male and a female doping control officer to Athens Georgia for a 1 day meet, between travel, lodging and compensation, could easily run over $1,000; before even factoring in the cost of the actual testing. Right. And they might want some snacks and bottled water on deck. Look, Rob, you are against drug testing masters swimmers. I get that. And personally I don't believe there is the will to do it within the organization. But the reality is that it would be feasible, and the cost to introduce it at nationals would not be prohibitive
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    And back to the issue of being very costly. To bring a male and a female doping control officer to Athens Georgia for a 1 day meet, between travel, lodging and compensation, could easily run over $1,000; before even factoring in the cost of the actual testing. Right. And they might want some snacks and bottled water on deck. Look, Rob, you are against drug testing masters swimmers. I get that. And personally I don't believe there is the will to do it within the organization. But the reality is that it would be feasible, and the cost to introduce it at nationals would not be prohibitive
Children
No Data