Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • I've never been tested and we all can think of a few who we'd like to be tested. Is doping banned in masters swimming? www.fina.org/.../7595.pdf is doping mentioned in USMS rules? http://www.usms.org/rules/ WADA and USADA prevented Lance from swimming in a masters meet after he confessed. www.nytimes.com/.../armstrong-plans-to-enter-swimming-competition.html Consider random testing among those who place top 10 at nationals and worlds & required testing for anyone who breaks a national or world record, incompetition testing should be part of the protocol like filling out the paperwork and shooting the race courses before & after each sessions for pools with bulkheads. Consider testing anomalies, swimmers who are unusually muscular for their ages, elite masters swimmers who have abnormal time progressions, and ones who have sudden improvement spikes. I'm sure programs could be written to show normal time progressions from an athlete's lifetime best times at ____ age then how their times should progress as they age. It's unusual for swimmers in their 50's to suddenly start doing times they did in their 30's or early mid 40's. Maybe some are doping to enhance their sexual stamina?
  • I've never been tested and we all can think of a few who we'd like to be tested. Is doping banned in masters swimming? www.fina.org/.../7595.pdf is doping mentioned in USMS rules? http://www.usms.org/rules/ WADA and USADA prevented Lance from swimming in a masters meet after he confessed. www.nytimes.com/.../armstrong-plans-to-enter-swimming-competition.html Consider random testing among those who place top 10 at nationals and worlds & required testing for anyone who breaks a national or world record, incompetition testing should be part of the protocol like filling out the paperwork and shooting the race courses before & after each sessions for pools with bulkheads. Consider testing anomalies, swimmers who are unusually muscular for their ages, elite masters swimmers who have abnormal time progressions, and ones who have sudden improvement spikes. I'm sure programs could be written to show normal time progressions from an athlete's lifetime best times at ____ age then how their times should progress as they age. It's unusual for swimmers in their 50's to suddenly start doing times they did in their 30's or early mid 40's. Maybe some are doping to enhance their sexual stamina?
Children
No Data