Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • you cannot drink enough of anything (ie coffee, cola...) to fail the wada test for caffeine. Right. You'd have to drink about 20 cups of Joe to register for caffeine, but a few NoDoze pills can do the trick. Different drugs work in different sports. I was surprised many years ago when I discovered one of the drugs I take for my heart might register on some tests. It's a beta-blocker for heart rhythm since I have an artificial aortic valve. I was throwing shot and discus at the time and while a beta-blocker will slow you down running or jumping, it has a calming effect that can help some field events. It's especially banned for stuff like shooting or archery since it smooths the heart beat.
  • you cannot drink enough of anything (ie coffee, cola...) to fail the wada test for caffeine. Right. You'd have to drink about 20 cups of Joe to register for caffeine, but a few NoDoze pills can do the trick. Different drugs work in different sports. I was surprised many years ago when I discovered one of the drugs I take for my heart might register on some tests. It's a beta-blocker for heart rhythm since I have an artificial aortic valve. I was throwing shot and discus at the time and while a beta-blocker will slow you down running or jumping, it has a calming effect that can help some field events. It's especially banned for stuff like shooting or archery since it smooths the heart beat.
Children
No Data