Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • But my real question is: what good will testing do? Will it be a net positive? Of course cheaters exist, but is anyone really concerned that cheaters are getting all the Masters records? Does anyone think they got second place at Nationals because the first-place swimmer cheated? I don't know. And I think limited testing is doomed to have limited results. To be effective testing needs to be extensive and random, and I really don't think we need to resort to that.
  • But my real question is: what good will testing do? Will it be a net positive? Of course cheaters exist, but is anyone really concerned that cheaters are getting all the Masters records? Does anyone think they got second place at Nationals because the first-place swimmer cheated? I don't know. And I think limited testing is doomed to have limited results. To be effective testing needs to be extensive and random, and I really don't think we need to resort to that.
Children
No Data