Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • I heard a call here for random testing at nationals. Would the people posting here be willing to pay an extra fee for that? Or maybe the fairest thing would be a voluntary contribution from people going to nationals, and the number of random tests actually administered would depend on how much people put into the pot. As suggested by gull earlier if the tests were for anabolic steroids, human growth hormone, and EPO costs could be controlled. If the tests were randomly done for nationals meets it would send a message from USMS that they care about masters being drug free and would act as a deterrent. Further, if we made these tests a requirement to get a national record we could ensure that the very best times going forward were clean. A drug testing fee could be applied to all entries at nationals to cover random testing at nationals and the cost of the test for a record can be made the responsibility of either the meet the record was achieved at or the individual achieving the record time. And yes, I for one would not have a problem paying an extra fee to ensure we have a clean sport.
  • I heard a call here for random testing at nationals. Would the people posting here be willing to pay an extra fee for that? Or maybe the fairest thing would be a voluntary contribution from people going to nationals, and the number of random tests actually administered would depend on how much people put into the pot. As suggested by gull earlier if the tests were for anabolic steroids, human growth hormone, and EPO costs could be controlled. If the tests were randomly done for nationals meets it would send a message from USMS that they care about masters being drug free and would act as a deterrent. Further, if we made these tests a requirement to get a national record we could ensure that the very best times going forward were clean. A drug testing fee could be applied to all entries at nationals to cover random testing at nationals and the cost of the test for a record can be made the responsibility of either the meet the record was achieved at or the individual achieving the record time. And yes, I for one would not have a problem paying an extra fee to ensure we have a clean sport.
Children
No Data