Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • I just think that Masters sports in general make this pretty complicated. A lot of people of a certain age require "banned" substances to maintain their health. How do you separate that from performance enhancement? I take a beta blocker for PVC's. Would that disqualify me from archery or shooting? I was once prescribed Prednisone for a short period of time for an inflammatory condition and was an animal in the water! So sometimes older people require medications which might otherwise be considered cheating. I sometimes wonder why so many top-tier masters swimmers are asthmatic, however.
  • I just think that Masters sports in general make this pretty complicated. A lot of people of a certain age require "banned" substances to maintain their health. How do you separate that from performance enhancement? I take a beta blocker for PVC's. Would that disqualify me from archery or shooting? I was once prescribed Prednisone for a short period of time for an inflammatory condition and was an animal in the water! So sometimes older people require medications which might otherwise be considered cheating. I sometimes wonder why so many top-tier masters swimmers are asthmatic, however.
Children
No Data