Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    fantastic pwd, i'll need someone to race the last 25years then - 80 to 105 i may not remember what pool im at or what city im in, but i'll get on the blocks and go i can name several masters that are swimming faster in their 40s then they did at any point before that. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight To be fair, I'm doing that over 50-100m ***. Not only am I not doping, but I'm not living the life of an elite athlete. I'm a senior manager, I have a family, and I like a drink and other 'nutritional' indulgences. Oh, and I'm in the pool for 3 hours a week. Ok, so I quite right before college but I was a youth international. Point is, why shouldn't we be going faster than 20-odd years ago when the sport has moved on (especially strokes with rule changes). If we did have testing in masters, the medial exception forms would be a nightmare to administer!!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    fantastic pwd, i'll need someone to race the last 25years then - 80 to 105 i may not remember what pool im at or what city im in, but i'll get on the blocks and go i can name several masters that are swimming faster in their 40s then they did at any point before that. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight To be fair, I'm doing that over 50-100m ***. Not only am I not doping, but I'm not living the life of an elite athlete. I'm a senior manager, I have a family, and I like a drink and other 'nutritional' indulgences. Oh, and I'm in the pool for 3 hours a week. Ok, so I quite right before college but I was a youth international. Point is, why shouldn't we be going faster than 20-odd years ago when the sport has moved on (especially strokes with rule changes). If we did have testing in masters, the medial exception forms would be a nightmare to administer!!
Children
No Data