Transgender Swimmer & Compitition

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Fellow Swimmers, I got into swimming late in 2004 and swam on and off since then. in 2012 i was swimming like 20 - 25 hours a week and competed for my team on the mens side. My last race was in july of 2012, the same time that I started with Hormone Replacement Therapy to begin my physical transformation. Im just getting back into swimming and can tell I'm very out of shape and have a long way to go before I start considering competing now as a woman which brings me to my main question. I would like to know what peoples thoughts are on it, because the last thing I want is for people to yell at me at a meet, or to call me a cheater, or to make a scene. The men can weigh in their thoughts, but mainly looking for the responses from the women as I will be swimming with them, and not the guys. Also, please be respectful. Thank you, Cassie
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thank you SeaGirl, and thank you again ElaineK. I will go swim to my hearts content, have fun, and not worry about it so much. :) Also Seagirl, Im glad your daughter found the support in her interests. So many many years I have feared, heard stories, had nightmares, and yet really have to have a bad experience like other trans people have. Sure I have had some, but not to the degree of most transwomen. My family, my friends, my swim team have all been very welcoming and understanding.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thank you SeaGirl, and thank you again ElaineK. I will go swim to my hearts content, have fun, and not worry about it so much. :) Also Seagirl, Im glad your daughter found the support in her interests. So many many years I have feared, heard stories, had nightmares, and yet really have to have a bad experience like other trans people have. Sure I have had some, but not to the degree of most transwomen. My family, my friends, my swim team have all been very welcoming and understanding.
Children
No Data