How to encourage women to join Masters post-mastectomy

Hello! I edit a *** cancer support site (www.imtakingcharge.com). We will have an Olympic focus next week and I want to encourage women who have experienced mastectomy and/or *** reconstruction to try Masters swimming. If any of you have advice or tips, please message me or post them here. The article will be published on August 20. Thank you! Sincerely, Sally Casey USMS Member since 2013
Parents
  • Resurrecting this thread, as a friend who survived *** cancer asked me for tips on selecting a bathing suit post-mastectomy. She wears Lands End suits, which allow her to insert a pad for a symmetrical appearance. She said the pad moves around when she swims laps, which detracts from her enjoyment. Any recommendations of suits more suitable for a serious lap swimmer that would hold everything in place more securely? (I understand that some women, including the previous poster, do not wear the pads, which I think is great, but my friend wants to.) FWIW, she has a slim to average build and is not planning on racing.
  • Resurrecting this thread, as a friend who survived *** cancer asked me for tips on selecting a bathing suit post-mastectomy. She wears Lands End suits, which allow her to insert a pad for a symmetrical appearance. She said the pad moves around when she swims laps, which detracts from her enjoyment. Any recommendations of suits more suitable for a serious lap swimmer that would hold everything in place more securely? (I understand that some women, including the previous poster, do not wear the pads, which I think is great, but my friend wants to.) FWIW, she has a slim to average build and is not planning on racing.
Children
No Data