Advice on mastectomy/lumpectomy/reconstruction & swimming

Hello! I'm in a Masters group in Minnesota and I also edit a website that offers support for women who are experiencing *** cancer (www.imtakingcharge.com). We are trying to have a sports focus during the Olympics, and I was wondering if anyone here could offer some advice for our readers. We have written several articles about the benefits of leading an active lifestyle and eating right as a means to heal faster and reduce recurrence. I'd like this article to focus especially on swimming. I think that many women don't even know about USMS, or are intimidated--especially if they have undergone lumpectomy or mastectomy. I'd love for women to see that they are not alone, and to find ways to overcome the barriers that keep them from jumping in the pool after *** cancer. In particular, it would be great if anyone can comment on the following subjects (you can reply here or message me): 1. Your experience/story/advice for a swimmer who needs to have a lumpectomy or mastectomy. 2. Advice on swimsuits and other gear that can help. 3. Your experience/story/advice on *** reconstruction. 4. Information about organizations or individuals who can help or inspire a woman in this situation. 5. What to expect, or a timeline of sorts for how soon you can get back in the water/compete/etc. We are hoping to publish this within a few weeks, and if you are willing to contribute a photo or two, that would be great! I would love to increase the number of sports and activity-related articles on our site, because I think it is such an important means to get and stay healthy. Thank you so much! Sincerely yours, Sally Casey