Swim MAC Elite - A Study In Failure At Trials?

Former Member
Former Member
How does David Marsh get all these athletes to join his group, and then they get worse while training with him, while college boys and girls surpass them? How did he get appointed as womens coach for the US team?
Parents
  • Dude handpicked his own team of Olympians and they get money to swim for him. Lochte was not in condition in the 400 IM - he gives the excuse of the groin - but for Litherland to pass him on the final 50 points to Bauerle outcoaching Marsh. Yeah, the athletes are all equal machines, and the outcomes are 100% the responsibility of the coaches. :blah: Here's Lochte at the 2012 trials. 1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Ryan Lochte 2012 Olympic Swimming Team Trials LpmzG2YszHLl.jpg And here he is at the 2016 trials www4.pictures.zimbio.com/.../2016 Olympic Team Swimming Trials Day 1 Kdl1_W6uHadl.jpg Too this untrained eye, it sure looks like maybe he hasn't been quite as disciplined with the diet as in the past. And if the diet discipline has slipped a little, maybe the training discipline has as well? I don't know. What I do know is that Lochte is the one ultimately responsible for his performances, both good and bad. He's not some age-grouper swimming with a team just because its the one close enough for mom and dad to drive him too. Nor is he a college kid obligated to a team by a scholarship. He's an adult and a professional, with well over a decade of international competition experience, who swims with whatever coach he damn well wants. If the coach wasn't giving him what he wanted, he would have walked away in a heartbeat.
  • Dude handpicked his own team of Olympians and they get money to swim for him. Lochte was not in condition in the 400 IM - he gives the excuse of the groin - but for Litherland to pass him on the final 50 points to Bauerle outcoaching Marsh. Yeah, the athletes are all equal machines, and the outcomes are 100% the responsibility of the coaches. :blah: Here's Lochte at the 2012 trials. 1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Ryan Lochte 2012 Olympic Swimming Team Trials LpmzG2YszHLl.jpg And here he is at the 2016 trials www4.pictures.zimbio.com/.../2016 Olympic Team Swimming Trials Day 1 Kdl1_W6uHadl.jpg Too this untrained eye, it sure looks like maybe he hasn't been quite as disciplined with the diet as in the past. And if the diet discipline has slipped a little, maybe the training discipline has as well? I don't know. What I do know is that Lochte is the one ultimately responsible for his performances, both good and bad. He's not some age-grouper swimming with a team just because its the one close enough for mom and dad to drive him too. Nor is he a college kid obligated to a team by a scholarship. He's an adult and a professional, with well over a decade of international competition experience, who swims with whatever coach he damn well wants. If the coach wasn't giving him what he wanted, he would have walked away in a heartbeat.
Children
No Data