Swim MAC Elite - A Study In Failure At Trials?

Former Member
Former Member
How does David Marsh get all these athletes to join his group, and then they get worse while training with him, while college boys and girls surpass them? How did he get appointed as womens coach for the US team?
Parents
  • Oh, what the hell, I'll take the bait. I swim for SwimMAC Carolina (please note correct spelling going forward). My two kids swim for the club. I was the Masters coach for almost 3 years and a volunteer assistant AG coach there for a while as well while back in grad school. We have a very unique and wonderful environment where Olympians and aspiring Olympians train beside age groupers. It is something to behold seeing the world's best come into the pool at the same time as our youngest age groups. To make it even more impressive Charlotte has an abysmal lane space issue. Our pools are crowded and lane space is at a premium throughout the metro region. To claim that Team Elite is a failure overlooks just about everything that is fact based. This is a club that has for decades produced Olympians, a few that are true home grown talent. This year we are sending six. That's one club in one city. We are proud of all our professional athletes and their accomplishments regardless of whether they made the final team. Coming on an internet forum to spew is fine but but it looks far different here on the deck.
  • Oh, what the hell, I'll take the bait. I swim for SwimMAC Carolina (please note correct spelling going forward). My two kids swim for the club. I was the Masters coach for almost 3 years and a volunteer assistant AG coach there for a while as well while back in grad school. We have a very unique and wonderful environment where Olympians and aspiring Olympians train beside age groupers. It is something to behold seeing the world's best come into the pool at the same time as our youngest age groups. To make it even more impressive Charlotte has an abysmal lane space issue. Our pools are crowded and lane space is at a premium throughout the metro region. To claim that Team Elite is a failure overlooks just about everything that is fact based. This is a club that has for decades produced Olympians, a few that are true home grown talent. This year we are sending six. That's one club in one city. We are proud of all our professional athletes and their accomplishments regardless of whether they made the final team. Coming on an internet forum to spew is fine but but it looks far different here on the deck.
Children
No Data