Technique Recommendations?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello my fellow swimmers I really enjoy the forums and all the valuable information it provides for all kinds of swimmers. Thank you all for providing this resource. I just wanna know what suggestions you might have for me to improve my technique. I am not really a speed swimmer. Mostly prefer swimming for long distances and using it to relax and mediate about life. Any Tips or workout suggestions would be greatly appreciated. www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • You should absolutely work on developing an early vertical forearm - it's a key phase of the pull. Below I've linked to a video with a drill that will be useful for you in developing this. Just a general note of caution, however - I would be more concerned with ensuring that your overall technique is sound as opposed to focusing only on one area of the stroke. For example, you also need to work on your hand placement and avoid the crossing over tendency. You should always place the hand in front of the shoulder instead of allowing it to cross over towards the other side of your body. You can try the single arm drill to work on all aspects of your stroke while isolating each side of the body. This way you can work on fine-tuning your stroke as a whole. Good luck! https://vimeo.com/82897160
  • You should absolutely work on developing an early vertical forearm - it's a key phase of the pull. Below I've linked to a video with a drill that will be useful for you in developing this. Just a general note of caution, however - I would be more concerned with ensuring that your overall technique is sound as opposed to focusing only on one area of the stroke. For example, you also need to work on your hand placement and avoid the crossing over tendency. You should always place the hand in front of the shoulder instead of allowing it to cross over towards the other side of your body. You can try the single arm drill to work on all aspects of your stroke while isolating each side of the body. This way you can work on fine-tuning your stroke as a whole. Good luck! https://vimeo.com/82897160
Children
No Data