Suit Options for Relay Triathlon Swimmer

I threw the bone out and convinced a couple runners/cyclists to team with me this summer in a couple triathlon relays. All the swim fun and triathlon excitement, none of the land sports. Woohoo! Two events will be wetsuit legal so I'll wear a short sleeve wetsuit. The third may not be wetsuit legal and I'm torn on what to wear. My tri kit seems unnecessary and isn't very hydrodynamic. A regular swimsuit would be fine. I love my NeroFit for important swim races but not sure if it's USAT legal. And I'm not really sure where swim skins fit in. It seems they're designed to be worn over a Tri kit but are more hydrodynamic. When I compare the materials they seem to be a lot like the "papersuit" style racing suits like the TYR Fusion. I'm having trouble seeing the difference between a suit such as the TYR Torque pro which is 80% polyester/20% spandex and the TYR Fusion which is considerably less expensive and 79% polyester/21% Lycra. What would be the ideal thing to wear? Are some of the swim speed suits not USAT legal?
Parents Reply Children
No Data