FLY TRAP!!!

Hey, Forumites! Check out page 18 of your new Swimmer Magazine for a spread on fellow Forumite, Fly Trap (Matt Miller)!!! Kudos to Elaine K. Howley for writing the terrific article, and cheers to Fly Trap! :applaud: :cheerleader:
Parents
  • Unfortunately Venus flytraps do not make good indoor pets. They do best outside in full sun. However, they can survive, even thrive, without ever "eating" anything. The occasional bug they do catch makes them grow much more quickly, but they are green and thus have chlorophyll for getting energy the old-fashioned plant way through photosynthesis :) If I read correctly, the bugs are a source of nitrogen in their native climate, correct? So, if you don't have a lot of bugs, you probably have to make sure their soil is decent quality, I suspect.
  • Unfortunately Venus flytraps do not make good indoor pets. They do best outside in full sun. However, they can survive, even thrive, without ever "eating" anything. The occasional bug they do catch makes them grow much more quickly, but they are green and thus have chlorophyll for getting energy the old-fashioned plant way through photosynthesis :) If I read correctly, the bugs are a source of nitrogen in their native climate, correct? So, if you don't have a lot of bugs, you probably have to make sure their soil is decent quality, I suspect.
Children
No Data