FLY TRAP!!!

Hey, Forumites! Check out page 18 of your new Swimmer Magazine for a spread on fellow Forumite, Fly Trap (Matt Miller)!!! Kudos to Elaine K. Howley for writing the terrific article, and cheers to Fly Trap! :applaud: :cheerleader:
Parents
  • Thanks for noticing, Elaine! I was surprised that Elaine K. Howley was interested in the story when she contacted me. It was a fun interview and I enjoyed the final product too! I'm really into both swimming and flytraps so it was really fun for me to be afforded this opportunity! It's a great article & makes me want to buy one, although I'm really good at killing plants. And I guess you can't keep them indoors, or what would they eat?? Unfortunately Venus flytraps do not make good indoor pets. They do best outside in full sun. However, they can survive, even thrive, without ever "eating" anything. The occasional bug they do catch makes them grow much more quickly, but they are green and thus have chlorophyll for getting energy the old-fashioned plant way through photosynthesis :) Here in southern Oregon where FlytrapStore is located, we have very few bugs so our flytraps often go hungry. But we do have lots and lots of sun during the summer months, so that keeps them growing pretty well.
  • Thanks for noticing, Elaine! I was surprised that Elaine K. Howley was interested in the story when she contacted me. It was a fun interview and I enjoyed the final product too! I'm really into both swimming and flytraps so it was really fun for me to be afforded this opportunity! It's a great article & makes me want to buy one, although I'm really good at killing plants. And I guess you can't keep them indoors, or what would they eat?? Unfortunately Venus flytraps do not make good indoor pets. They do best outside in full sun. However, they can survive, even thrive, without ever "eating" anything. The occasional bug they do catch makes them grow much more quickly, but they are green and thus have chlorophyll for getting energy the old-fashioned plant way through photosynthesis :) Here in southern Oregon where FlytrapStore is located, we have very few bugs so our flytraps often go hungry. But we do have lots and lots of sun during the summer months, so that keeps them growing pretty well.
Children
No Data