How do you get faster/ better at swimming.

Former Member
Former Member
I'm 15 and I run cross country and track. I live in a town with lakes but no indoor pools and right now i've been swimming like 1/2 to 3/4 of mile in the lake every other day for cross training. I actually really like it and could use some advice on what to do from here.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    This helps me to understand this As for advice, I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish with your swimming. If it is just a matter of aerobic cross training then just swimming in the lake and increasing your distance may work. The more inefficient you are in the water, the greater the aerobic benefit per mile. If you want to become a better swimmer, then you probably need a coach to help with technique. I now have an awesome coach, and he's agreed to help me every day at the pool! Great to hear!! Many All the very best yo become a champion swimmer like Mr.michael phelps
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    This helps me to understand this As for advice, I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish with your swimming. If it is just a matter of aerobic cross training then just swimming in the lake and increasing your distance may work. The more inefficient you are in the water, the greater the aerobic benefit per mile. If you want to become a better swimmer, then you probably need a coach to help with technique. I now have an awesome coach, and he's agreed to help me every day at the pool! Great to hear!! Many All the very best yo become a champion swimmer like Mr.michael phelps
Children
No Data