How do you get faster/ better at swimming.

Former Member
Former Member
I'm 15 and I run cross country and track. I live in a town with lakes but no indoor pools and right now i've been swimming like 1/2 to 3/4 of mile in the lake every other day for cross training. I actually really like it and could use some advice on what to do from here.
Parents
  • Regarding learning to swim from scratch, I forgot to mention that not only is feedback necessary, it also takes time, and determination. It took me nearly 5 years to become a decent swimmer, and nearly a decade to become an average competitor in my age group. The more inefficient you are in the water, the greater the aerobic benefit per mile, but also the greater chance of injury. Efficient swimming form happens to also be the most anatomical.:)
  • Regarding learning to swim from scratch, I forgot to mention that not only is feedback necessary, it also takes time, and determination. It took me nearly 5 years to become a decent swimmer, and nearly a decade to become an average competitor in my age group. The more inefficient you are in the water, the greater the aerobic benefit per mile, but also the greater chance of injury. Efficient swimming form happens to also be the most anatomical.:)
Children
No Data