How do you get faster/ better at swimming.

Former Member
Former Member
I'm 15 and I run cross country and track. I live in a town with lakes but no indoor pools and right now i've been swimming like 1/2 to 3/4 of mile in the lake every other day for cross training. I actually really like it and could use some advice on what to do from here.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    1) I disagree with finding a coach being any type of priority. And also that can be quite limiting. Most important is to do what you want. 2) Always do what YOU want to do, not what some random coach tells you to do. Often they are totally wrong, and what they tell you would not work for you. If a coach supports you in achieving what you want that is fine. If not, then it's better to not have a coach. 3) Keep doing what you want to do, more and more. Of course seek sources to learn how to do better, this is good. Listen to advice that you feel can help you, then make up your own mind what to do.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    1) I disagree with finding a coach being any type of priority. And also that can be quite limiting. Most important is to do what you want. 2) Always do what YOU want to do, not what some random coach tells you to do. Often they are totally wrong, and what they tell you would not work for you. If a coach supports you in achieving what you want that is fine. If not, then it's better to not have a coach. 3) Keep doing what you want to do, more and more. Of course seek sources to learn how to do better, this is good. Listen to advice that you feel can help you, then make up your own mind what to do.
Children
No Data