Swim Pool Rules - NOT

Parents
  • No. I'll tell you the worst swimming nightmare. In 1986 when Triathlons were a new thing, my company sponsored one for employees and contractors only. One option was to have two-man teams splitting the events, so I teamed up with another guy who was not a swimmer. I took the 1500m swim, he did the 25 mile bike, we each ran 5k of the run. We arrived at the town pool, a nice 8 lane 50m pool. There were too many people to race in 8 lanes and they were not geared up for wave starts. It was 25m wide and someone decided we could swim crosswise, just double the lap count. No lane dividers, not even lane lines on the bottom. The guy who started on my left finished on my right and there were several collisions. A fun time was had by all.
  • No. I'll tell you the worst swimming nightmare. In 1986 when Triathlons were a new thing, my company sponsored one for employees and contractors only. One option was to have two-man teams splitting the events, so I teamed up with another guy who was not a swimmer. I took the 1500m swim, he did the 25 mile bike, we each ran 5k of the run. We arrived at the town pool, a nice 8 lane 50m pool. There were too many people to race in 8 lanes and they were not geared up for wave starts. It was 25m wide and someone decided we could swim crosswise, just double the lap count. No lane dividers, not even lane lines on the bottom. The guy who started on my left finished on my right and there were several collisions. A fun time was had by all.
Children
No Data